Friday 15 April 2011

Cherpont 2011. April




Just got back from my first week on Cherpont lake , blazing sun and freezing nights but Steve Cowell and I managed to catch 18 fish each . Steve netting 3 40s at 40 , 45. and moonscale at 49.12. Most fish came to boilies at about 90 yds from sleepy and moorings . Wayne had a good few to 48 chasing them around the lake . I managed to catch 7 fish in one freezing night, 6×30 plus!!!!
Excellent new owners Jackie and Dan , thanks for the BBQ and the breakfast . Great facilities and a nice shop with Korda and Solar boards . Mainline and Nutrabiats avilable on site.
I loved it there , really relaxing , loads of carp and an exceptional view on the lake of rolling hills . Mick the balliff was more than helpfull . We will be back as 20×50 and 2×60 is well worth the trip.

P.S The fish are stunners , Wayne had a 25 fully scaled , steve and I had 30 plus mint commons.