Saturday 5 November 2011

Island Lake October 2011



We were on a real high coming off Telliates and went straight to Island lake 15km down the road for our second week of the holiday.

I had heard it was a weedy lake that was a little tricky . After borrowing the van from Jake the bailiff at Telliates to get to the draw for 11am and rushing around the super market for some food for the week I evetually was in swim 13 on Island lake . Steve I put in swim 12 on bailiffs advice . Steve was now on his way back to Dover to pick up his van !!!!
As soon as i looked over the side of the boat in swim 13 i knew this wasn't going to be easy. Crystal clear water and i could see boilies at 12 feet down . The clear areas and recommended spots were huge and i just couldn't see me getting a bite in the day here. I found a spot along a tree line that reminded me of a great spot on the Anson back in the day at Dartford lakes. Tree line clear and it was polished , that will do nicely and it was shaded most of the day . The other two went on very obvious spots , huge clear areas that had been cleaned by carp .
Steve arrived at 2am , after a cuppa and a fag , I got three bleeps on the tree line rod , went down to the rod and it was curved around nicely . It was on and turned out to be another 60 common. Lucky or what .
It turned out to be a hard week with only six fish caught by 7 anglers . We had four of them . 60.4 Common and 55 common to me and a 55 Mirror and 38 mirror to Steve.