Saturday 5 November 2011

Telliates Oct 2011









Just got back from another amazing trip and a near copy of last October for Steve and I . Steve managed to pull the number 1 ball from the hat , I got 8 . Tim Oatley and his crew had been on the previous week with Tim catching the Nogent Mirror at 78 ,again . New Biffos had done a few fish in the last 24 hrs , so as he left on the coach he gave me the , New Biffos , New Biffos message for the draw.
Steve stuck to his guns after seeing a catch graph of the double swim with all the big 6 coming from there this year . Nice one Steve , I had to wait and went for the Shithouse . I could have gone in the Crescent or the Fence but saw the colour of the water in Shithouse and a fish show. Game on.

We set up and I went for a spot at around 85 yds that Steve had done well on last year and a deeper spot to the right. Steve went on the spot I had 2X60 last year and the famous rock spot where Si Haldane has done so well . I put 2kg on one spot and 1 kg on the other and was surprised to get a take at 10.30pm . 43 pounder, another at 3.30 am 44 pounder , and Steve had a 38 a first light. Blimey we never catch first night.
I won't bore you all with the detail but we ended up with 17 fish . 1x77 Common , 2x60 Common , 1 x61 Mirror, 3x55 Plus. All caught on Mainline New Grange . We used around 50kg during the week . Another awesome week on the lake and a memorable year for me with 6x60 including 3x70 plus.